Friday, November 20, 2009

The Innaugural Blogging

The coming of Autumn
is determined
by a red dragonfly.
Dragonfly on a rock-
absorbed in
a daydream.

I do not know what this poem means, but it is a sacred tradition to reach for profundity at inaugural functions. I have long resisted the urge to blog for many good reasons, for many long years, for the sake of many good people but alas, I have given in. I will now subject the cyber world to snapshots of a few of the many things whirling around in my mind.

I will say, however, a few words on the purpose of this blog. This is not an attempt to appear sophisticated or intelligent, I gave up on that years ago. I hope to communicate civility and artistic talent of a lower and lesser degree, and above all a giddy and unabashed enjoyment of everything pertaining to the universe. [Note: I mostly wrote that sentence because I wanted to use the word "giddy".]

This post is already too long, but ready or not, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment